Translate

Monday, November 25, 2013

Letter 11/25/2013



Hey Family and Friends,

So I sent a bunch of pictures. Don´t know if they´ll all get to you but I´ll explain them all. One of them is of me eating the cooked head of a guinea pig. It was terrifying to eat. But I did it. My old comp went crazy and ate like a full guinea pig in like 30 seconds. He loved it. 



The next few are of me and some guys from our zone on Pday. We went to Arequipa for Pday and we played soccer on a turf field. It was AWESOME! 



Then the next pic is of a yellow truck full of something. You guys just have to investigate for yourselves to find out what those somethings are. 



Then the next bunch of pictures are from the baptism of Daniel and Ruben. We drove over to the Colca River in the back of a truck then went on a hike until we got to the spot in the river to baptize. Daniel is the one I baptized and Ruben is the boy my comp baptized. Daniel is 13 and he is AWESOME. Ruben is 17 and also AWESOME. Even before we baptized them we went out to eat with Daniel and he started asking us all these questions about being a missionary and told us he wants to be missionary. He´s been a member for one Sunday now and is the most faithful youth. The first (top) picture is the little brother of them. He´s 3. I was his guide back to civilization. We had to hike up a giant hill to leave the river.




So on Friday we traveled back to Arequipa and we got to meet in person and hear him speak. Elder Nelson (Apostle) Elder Godoy (70) Elder Uceda (70) and Elder Rasband (Presidencia of the 70). It was AWESOME!!!!! But this week was super crazy. First we left last last Sunday night to Arequipa for Pday and a doctors appointment. Then we got back Wednesday at like 930. Then Thursday we left at like 2 for Arequipa again to listen to all of them. Then we got back Friday at like 930. Then Saturday in the morning we had the baptism of Daniel and Ruben and then Sunday totally normal. But we literally worked in our area for like 10 hours this whole week. It was super weird.

Oh so also about the Doctors. Well the mission decided to change my doctor to see if a new one would help more. So i got to the doctors appointment and he was completely insane. He was just like WAIT!!! LET ME GUESS!! You´ve taken like 6 months of medications and hasn´t gone away. Then he did this test on my head and squeezed my ears into my head with every muscle he had and of course it hurts like crazy he was trying to crush my head. Then he was like... did it hurt? And of course I said yes and then he was like AHHHHHAAAAA!!!!! Then he whipped out this article he was probably reading that very same morning. And diagnosed me that I have a jaw nerve problem and it is somehow causing my to cough. I didn´t believe any of it. But i´ve had this cough long enough so i´m ready to try anything....hahah. So now I have an appointment with a dentist in a few days for the cough I´ve had for 10 months...

Well that´s it for this week. Oh this next Sunday is changes soooo the next time I write I might not be in Chivay any more. That thought makes me sad....love it here!!! 

Oh and SUPER happy Hart is still in playoffs! 

Well i love you all. Gotta go CHOU CHOU

Elder Russon



No comments:

Post a Comment