Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Letter 6/24/2013

Well I sent some pictures of this week. One is of me and my zone last Monday the other is me my comp and my zls at our baptism of Donald and his niece and the last is the baptism of Camila. Only one of the baptism actually counted as a missionary baptism the one of Donald ( he´s right next to me in the picture he´s 20) . But we did our part to help all of them get baptized.




Well first I´m going to talk about the 2 girls. They are both only 8 years old and their families are members but we reactivated one of the families with Donald and also we taught all the lessons to the other little girl. So I felt pretty good about helping them come to baptism.

But the real story is about Donald. He has been meeting with missionaries for 3 years now and he said about 18 different missionaries have passed by. But until my comp and I came he never accepted the message. So the day of the baptism his niece was getting baptized with him at 630. So they all showed up at the church at 630 except Donald. We were calling him freaking out running all over town looking for him. But didn´t make any progress so at 730 the family just started the baptism of the niece without him. So we were there kinda sad and everything watching the baptism. The baptism ended and everything and the were getting changed when out of no where Donald called and said he was coming. So we ran over to our room called our Zls and told them to return (cause the left when Donald didn´t show) so we ran back and Zls returned and we all got back just in time for his baptism. It was awesome.

But the part even better was his testimony after his baptism. He gave like a 15 minute talk and he called me out by name and said he knew that I was a messenger sent from God and told everyone until I came he would have never have accepted the gospel. I was pretty dang grateful and happy for that and a little prideful.... It was awesome though it made me feel so good because literally like an hour ago I was soo sad and I never wanted to talk to Donald again for all the pain he put me through these past few weeks. But then he came and my sadness all left and everything was all good.

Oh also one night this week an alarm went off in one of the houses next to us at like 2 in the morning and the son of our pension (he´s an rm) freaked out and ran down to see if I was okay because he was afraid the robbers were going to kidnap the white kid living in the house. It was pretty funny because at the same time when the alarm rang I freaked out and ran upstairs to see if our family was okay and we ran into each other.

Gotta go, love you all!

Elder Russon

No comments:

Post a Comment