Monday, February 25, 2013

Letter 2/25/13

Ok so I want to share a story about giving people blessings. So a few months ago with my other companion Elder Salvador, we were walking home at like 915 at night and we HAVE to be in our room at 930 or we will get struck by lighting or something, idk. Anyways we were walking home and we we´re like a good 25 minutes from home so we were like getting ready to run, and out of no where a sister in our ward saw us and asked if we could give her a blessing. So we were like... Well we can´t say no so we went into her house and gave her a blessing. She was basically begging us so there was now way we were going to be like ¨"Oh sorry we have to be home right now or else". So we finish the blessing and it´s like 925 and we leave the house and we start booking it. Also in our city after about 830 at night there is no buses no convis nada. So we´re booking it and we run by this house with a taxi parked out in front. And we run by the taxi and out of no where this guy pops up in the seat of the taxi. He sees us and he´s like "Elders!!! Need a ride? Where you going?" We´re like ummm yeah! So this guy that was sleeping in his car and woke up as we ran by is a return missionary and saw us and felt the urge to help us. So he drives us home all crazy fast because hes the only car out and we make it into our house at 929. It was awesome.

Then this past week with Elder Lozano we were in the city Pocollay. Which is like our second area. It´s also like a 30 minute walk from home. So we were walking home at 850ish and we we´re walking fast because we had a lot to go. Then the mother of one of the investigators we were teaching saw us and starting yelling "Hermanos Hermanos!" So we go over to her and she´s crying saying her son who we have been teaching needs help fast. So we run over to her house and we see the son out front and he´s crying of pain. So we ask him what´s wrong and apparently he was gluing something in his house and he glued it wrong and he ripped the thing he was gluing up so he could re glue it and as he ripped it the super glue he had flew all over the place and a bunch of it got into his right eye, and he couldn´t open his eye and was dying of pain. So we have him start flushing out his eyes while the rest of his family is looking for his brother who is the only person that can take him to the hospital. So as we are helping him wash his eyes we ask if we can give him a blessing. So we give him a blessing and a few minutes later he´s calmed down a ton, so his brother comes and we all leave. So me and my companion are walking home and it´s like 920 and we have at least like a 35 minute walk home. So we start booking it again, and out of nowhere a convi pulls up behind us. This convi was the 3A convi and it is NEVER out past 830. Never!!! So we flag it down and jump in. So we are riding home and instead of going to the regular bus stop it keeps going and drives up super close to our house and we make it into the house at 929. It was crazy because convis and especially that convi are never out past 830 and it was 920 and on top of that it basically drove us to the foot of our house.

So yeah that was my awesome story for the week. Well I gotta go. Thanks sooo much for all the letters and the support. Oh these pictures are of me and my companion last week. Well I gotta go. Love you all!!

Love Elder Russon

My companion, Elder Lozano

No comments:

Post a Comment