Translate

Monday, February 10, 2014

Letter 2/10/2014




Hey Everyone!

Well this week has been pretty normal but cool. So for Pday last week we went to the nearest zone to us like 2 hours from here and had a Pday with them. They are a beach city called Ilo and it was a ton a fun. We rented a van and drove over there and played soccer in a super cool stadium with turf for a few hours. We then chilled on the beach before we came back home. We obviously didn´t go in the water incase anyone was wondering. The first beach I´ve seen since I was in California though. 






Also this week me and my comp got invited to speak at a Catholic Funeral. It was very very interesting. The funeral was completely full and everyone just sitting there waiting when we got there. We had no idea it was a Catholic funeral until we walked up to the door and decided not to go in yet. Luckily while contemplating if we were in the right place the sister missionaries walked right infront of us so we called them over and asked them. They then informed us that all Funerals here are catholic and that we were in the right place. Luckily they are both Peruvian and knew what they were talking about while me and my comp are just two gringos. So we got in there and talked with the family for a few seconds and then my comp and I stood up in front of everyone and talked about God´s plan for us. We only talked for about 15 minutes but it was still a super cool experience. More than anything just asked us to speak some words of confort for everyone. It wasn´t a giant funeral of like 200 people but there was a good chunk there.

Then I got to baptize a boy named Luis the other day. He is super cool. The sisters have been teaching them and I got to do his interview so he asked me to baptize him. An awesome little kid, so pure.




Other than that not much happened this week. It was a good week though. Had lots of fun and it went by SO FAST. It´s ridiculous how fast everything goes by sometimes. I´ve been in Moquegua for almost a month now and i feel like I just got here the other day. Well I gotta go Love all of you and thanks for the letters. Gotta go CHOU CHOU

Love Elder Russon







No comments:

Post a Comment